Civils

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
Tony McC
Site Admin

For those not sure what John is on about, it's my review of the Civils 2005 exhibition in last week's news page.

I got a coffee from Joe Bordas at Aco, a cup of tea from Phil Sutton at Durakerb, I helped meself to a few mint imperials, and that was it!

I got a very nice combined spirit-level and screwdriver from Charcon, plus the green frog from Grace, and yet another handful of biros from everyone else, but no booze, no trips to the theatre, no backhanders - makes me wonder why I bother going! :;):

Actually, it wasn't a bad show, as shows go. Not as upbeat as External Works, but far better than some of the recent Stone Shows - it was the Scottish Stone Show this week but the orgainser couldn't even keep their promise to get a pre-event press release to me, despite a telephone call promising just that, so I didn't bother going. In fact, I'm struggling to find anyone in the hard-landscaping game that did bother going. It seems to have been dominated by kitchen workstops and that sort of stuff, so I probably missed nowt.

Speaking of freebies - I got a smashing new mug for me tea from Simeon Ronacrete when I met him on Wednesday afternoon. Cheers, Sim! I've not broke it yet!

:D
Site Agent - Pavingexpert