bendy drains

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
paulroe

hi
the BCO told me that i can bend my PVC drains to save putting in an IC, does it bend?

84-1093879891

Eh?

Are you saying that the BCO told you that you can install a bend within your run of uPVC drainage and omit the IC, or do you mean that you're going to try to bend a length of uPVC pipe to fit the project?

I'm having difficulty understanding what you mean with so little information.

paulroe

the bco told that i did not need an IC as you can bend pvc pipe. I thinnk he meant to bend it not put a bend in the run. this is about a 8 mtr run. I guess it will only ben at joints and as it's quite a bend i assume that i would have to put a joint in at about 2 mtr intervals so it will probably cost similare to a mini access chamber.

84-1093879891

You can bend uPVC pipes, but not by much!

However, if the BCO will accept a bent pipe rather than an access chamber, then so be it. If we're only talking about a bend of a few degrees, then there woun't be a problem, but anything more than about 10-15 degrees would be better done with a true bend, with or without an access fitting.