Advise on paving height around airbricks

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
Rossoliver

Hello!

I’m hoping for some advice about how high I can have an area of block paving I’m laying outside my house.

The wall has airbricks, the top of which are 150mm below the DPC (which is about 60 below internal floor level). The paving will slope away from the house, but ideally I’d like the level to be flush with the top of the airbricks (or even a little higher).

I was planning on creating a 200mm wide channel of gravel along the wall - presumably I can’t cover the airbricks with gravel, but if I create a space around the vent so it’s got 200mm free in front and its open upwards would that do the job, or do I need to suck it up and excavate 200mm below the vent so the paving ends up flush with the bottom of the airbrick?

Thanks!

Ross

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

you could use or make 215 by 215 gully surrounds
they are there for a reason and should not be blocked
cheers LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Rossoliver

Ah, that’s along the lines of what I was thinking - now I know what to call them :D thanks!

Tony McC
Site Admin

Are you sure about that DPC level? 150mm above the *top* of the airbrick??? In line with the boundary between stonework and brickwork??? I think you;'ve misread the levels, there!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert