Brick paving on underfloor heating

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
pg1000

I have a brick paver bar apron bedded and jointed with sand cement mortar on polymeric screed with UFH. The jointing is failing widely. I'm thinking the UFH may have been on and dried out the jointing before it cured fully leading to the general failure?

Does anyone have any ideas for a solution that doesn't involve re-doing the full depth of the jointing - and possibly allows for a little more movement than sand cement mortar. It's a bar walk so ideally it needs to be durable and cure quickly so the pub doesn't have to shut.

digerjones

Could you just use jointing sand and seal it
dylan

pg1000

digerjones wrote:Could you just use jointing sand and seal it
thanks its a good thought but the bricks are laid radially so joints vary about 8 - 12mm - I think too wide for sand jointing. I'm going to do a trial with flexi wide joint grout - Ardex Flex FL. Expensive but the pub's doing well so...

Tony McC
Site Admin

I'd consider using a 2-part resin mortar on the grounds that any moderate heat will not affect the curing process, and you can rely on the adhesion once its in place.

A polymeric was almost certain to fail in such an application.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert