drains who is resonsible for the checks - help on drains

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
98-1093880025

new drains for a development to the rear of our property the drains pass up our drive way with our permission to lay drains but no mention of inspection chambers etc,developer has installed inspection chambers with no base only soil to bottom and surrounds man hole cover keeps breaking when driven over as it is only a garden type cover. who should check he has lain the drains etc correctly local authority dont want to know neither HSBC these are sewer connections and there will be a lot of traffic to 3 new houses running ovr the top

84-1093879891

I find that punctuation is a real boon when it comes to understanding the written word. I'm not in the same league as Lynne Truss, but even an occasional full stop while you take a breath is a big help! ;)

If a drainage system has been laid on your property, connecting a private development with the public sewers, then the work must be inspected and certified as satisfactory by the Local Authority Building Control Office, acting as agents for the water authority. Even if the drainage on your property is non-afdoptable (pretty likely) it still has to meet certain standards (Part H Building Regs) and these standards are maintained by the BCO.

I can't understand how an Inspection Chmaber can have no base, and only bare earth at the bottom. I do know of a case many years ago, when I was just a young lad working with my dad, where some unscrupulous so-called groundworker of an intinerant persuasion tried to con a Widnes-based property developer into believing a multi-thousand pound drainage system had been installed on a greenfield site by placing cover slabs and MH covers at the requisite points on the site, in the hope that the developer would not bother to peer beneath the covers and spot the earth barely 300mm down, nor request a completion certificate from the BCO, but such goings-on are all but impossible these days.

Have the BCO given you a reason why they believe this section of drainage is none of their concern? I'd be most interested to hear their reasoning.

98-1093880025

Many thanks for your reply ,it has been a great help i will contact the BC again on Monday. sorry for the missing punctuation but it is the school holidays and i was in a hurry as the builder was waiting at the door for round two.
your site also helped me with the taramc driveway, the same builder was hoping to lay taram on top of sand i presented him with your specifications and now he is having to rethink .