How to repair Sunken EB Edging on driveway?

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
AndyT

How to repair Sunken EB Edging on driveway?

Need a little help regarding some standard footway EB edging that has sunken due to decades of vehicle traffic.

These were sunken from before our purchase of the property but obviously with our vehicle have been made worse. Only now are we able to afford sorting the driveway out.

we intend to replace the whole front at some point....

But temporarily for the meantime we are replacing the cheap gravel Cat litter box with some dark slate. But to pre-empt the up coming landscape works I need to look at repairing the EB edging.

I have looked around, with no success, to see if there was a guide to repair or shunt the edging back into place. From what I can tell, either the previous owner dug out the haunching and earth that was holding the edging in place or the council workers didn't do the reinforcement work when they installed the dropped kerb access in the footway.

It needs to go back to a straight line as we will be lining the rear of the edging with some charcoal blocks that are pre-empting the future block paving. I am not shy of doing the labour myself and have family members with (basic) brick laying skills.

Any help would be appreciated, as I would like to avoid any saw-cutting to the public footpath side as that could incur fines from the local authority if its not put back to their standard details, or if we ask them to come out to repair it we will get the bill as in their eyes its our driveway and car that have caused the damage.