Dark corners on sandstone

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
mattflash

Dark corners on sandstone

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me out identifying some markings on some sandstone paving slabs I have purchased.

I have spoken to the supplier and they have said it is oxidation and I think I agree some of the rusty looking marks are that but on some of the slabs, the corners there are dark marks, almost like bruises. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

royalestones

Re: Dark corners on sandstone

Yes, it is normal for sandstone to have dark corners or areas. Sandstone is a natural sedimentary rock formed from sand grains that have been compacted and cemented together over time. Due to its composition and formation process, sandstone can have variations in color, texture, and density.

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

its a natural product so you will get all sorts of bits and bobs
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

stonepavingdirect

Certain light-colored natural stones may be susceptible to staining. This susceptibility is attributed to the absorption of stains that can occur following exposure to water prior to packaging, which is considered a typical occurrence. Over time, black stains typically become less conspicuous and blend in with the surrounding areas on the surface.