Week from hell

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

and that is why I wont get involved with reviews sites , reputation is everything
LLL
:)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

lemoncurd1702

Think you need to get in touch with checktrade or whoever and explain you are being blackmailed.
If they won't delete her review spend your money advertising elsewhere.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

Tony McC
Site Admin

Having relied on review sites to find three trades with which I have no worthwhile experience, I have serious reservations about their value.

The roofer had incredibly high scores and great feedback, but, once on site, was a cowboy of the first magnitude, a liar, a cheat and bleeding dangerous.

The sparky, similarly, had glowing comments, but pissed me about for 5 months before I eventually fired him off.

The gas plumber - well, bloody good job I don't smoke any more or we would all have been blown to kingdom come!

I really miss the old days of asking a tradesman on site to do the job for me, or to recommend someone.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

it takes years to find the right people
we have got a good team now,with the slight exception being the plasterers ,who do a lovely job but have some weird habits

just turn up ,do what you say you will do, and clear up!

not much to ask is it?

I caught a roofer knocking up muck for a ridge line splash of cement in a barrow full of sand and loads of fairy

when I asked him what about coarse sand,3:1,and SBR he looked at me like I was an alien

"and who is paying for all this extra cement!" he demanded

cheerio was the response

LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE