Pumping out soakaway

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
KeithBarker

My back lawn is in a slight dip and has always been wet in winter. 4 years ago we had our lawn re-laid, including installing a good draining first 6 inches of topsoil, clearing out one 12 ft cube soakaway and installing another smaller one. The wetter climate now overloads this, and today I've got a lake about 20x15 ft and up to 6 inch deep. There is no-where to drain this to off the property. Could I fit a pump in the large soakaway (which has a manhole and 3 foot clearance) to pump out via a trap to the foul system? If so, what pump would you recommend? Thanks,

84-1093879891

Have a look at the thread a little lower down this forum entitled "Land Drainage" started by Brush - that contains answers to your questions.

However, be wary about pumping to a FW system. Make sure it's a main sewer and NOT a septic tank or cess pit.

As for choice of pump, you need to speak to your local BM and see what they have available to suit your specific requirements in terms of flow rate, voltage etc. Just ask them what they have available in sub-floor or submersible pumps.