Pointing wall cappings - Pointing wall cappings

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
maxpower

Hi All,
I have fitted silver granite wall cappings on a boundary wall at the front of my house. They are similar to this https://www.coolestone.co.uk/wp-cont....ng.jpg. I've put a 10mm joint between each capping. What is my best option for pointing up these joints? I've was advised to used a grout like Mapei Ultracolor Plus mixed stiff but I've also been advised elsewhere to use Larsen Streetscape GPM. I have about 20 joints to do in total and I'll be taking great care not to stain the granite with the grout/ mortar (will mask the granite). So which would be the best product to avoid shrinkage, cracking etc. I'll go for a dark colour grout/ mortar like Anthracite to offset against the granite.

Tony McC
Site Admin

You can use more or less whatever you want - as long as it's a jointing material. Mapei is good, Larsen less so. If if you want a finer, smoother finish, then a tiling grout is the way to go, but a paving grout such as Ultrascape is perfectly suitable if you don't mind the coarser texture.

And then, of course, there's nowt wrong with the traditional 4:1 miix of sand and cement! :D
Site Agent - Pavingexpert