Sbr vs slurry primer for porcelain pavingl - Help! what do i choose?

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
riishi

Hello,

So I have just bought some porcelain paving and water proof grout. But looking at how to lay porcelain paving on Paving expert, it talks about Bond bridges. And also after discussing with the Paving company they have said i need SBR (been told to get it from screwfix so am assuming it is Cementone SBR Admixture White 5LTR).

However a bit of online looking and even seen a bit on Paving expert forums someone talked slurry primer in particular Larsen Streetscape Slurry Primer. Where I am confused is what is the difference between SBR and Slurry Primer? And do I only need one of these to fix porcelain paving? Are they both Bond bridges? And which is better? & why?

Also do you agree with the brands above or any other suggestions of ones you think are better! Thank you so much for your help in advance!
RR

seanandruby
Site Admin

Mix the sbr to make a slurry mix, the two gether.
You may of read it before but read again taking your time :;):
read this
sean

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

we have used the larsen slurry primer for porcelain with success so far
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

riishi

Thanks both. Really helpful!!

Can I ask why can't you mix sbr with water and apply to the back of the paving (the people I'm buying from are saying I can just do that) rather than actually adding the cement in (he actually said that dilutes the sbr he feels).

So ie why can't i apply sbr and water rather than apply the slurry? And what would you say is better?
RR

seanandruby
Site Admin

riishi wrote:Thanks both. Really helpful!!

Can I ask why can't you mix sbr with water and apply to the back of the paving (the people I'm buying from are saying I can just do that) rather than actually adding the cement in (he actually said that dilutes the sbr he feels).

So ie why can't i apply sbr and water rather than apply the slurry? And what would you say is better?

I would say that just using S B R with water it is only a primer coat, usually reserved for plasterers etc: once primed then you would probably use it as an admixture to bond bridge anyway.
I reckon you should go with the manufacturers instructions which are tried and tested. Are you buying from a reputable dealer, because they should be advising you to follow instructions given on the packet? Of course if you want to suck it and see, then that's your choice and you'll be back here next year asking : why are my slabs rocking ??? :p :;):
sean