250m driveway up 1 in 10 slope - Driveway construction

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
Hilltop

Spent last 2 years building a passive house on a hillside near Ludlow. Before construction new drive dug out and stoned with 4-6" of rock dug from foundations topped with 4-6" of MOT type 1 well compacted. Started off like M1 but construction traffic and weather have rutted it to some extent but still very solid. Some fines get washed down ruts to lane at the bottom. Am about to bring in another 20T plus of MOT type 1 and re-level and re-compact before putting down 40mm plus of sub 20mm angular gravel to bed Bodpave85 plastic mesh sections to create 2.5m roadway. This will be 5 Bodpave sections across, the 2 either side to be filled with more angular gravel and the middle 500mm filled with soil and grass seed.

Questions:
1) have sprayed off minor vegetation developed in centre of stone over 2 years. Have my own old JCB so should i scrape width to level existing stone and possibly compact before laying new stone and compacting?
2)Terram who make Bodpave 85 say 1 in 10 slope is acceptable but anyone have experience of laying these on a slope please?
3)Terram agree with me that periodic channel drains set on concrete flush with top of Bodpave sections will provide enough drainage combined with all the gravel on top of compacted MOT type 1. Any thoughts?

All thoughts / suggestions appreciated.

Tony McC
Site Admin

1 - yes: level and compact before adding new material

2 - On any gradient more than 1:20 I recommend intermediate restraining courses to minimise slip/creep of the cell pavers. You could use, say, channel kerbs, a band of concrete bedded block pavers or, as luck would have it, concrete bedded linear drainage channels.

3 - I assume Terram are familar with the ground make-up and permeability to make such a statement? Are these transverse channels?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert