Query re laying concrete blocks?

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I would rather use a 300mm concrete gravel board and back it up with haunched concrete
sounds like a pig of a job, proper job would be a a new foundation but as said not priced for
am I missing something but isnt it the golden rule of fencing never to erect all the posts without the panels in? if slotted posts are used?
cheers LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

rxbren

I always do all fences by setting first post or wall plate, dig next hole, fit panel/gravel board/arris rails to previous set post and new post then level and set new post and carry on so

Forestboy1978

lutonlagerlout wrote:I would rather use a 300mm concrete gravel board and back it up with haunched concrete
sounds like a pig of a job, proper job would be a a new foundation but as said not priced for
am I missing something but isnt it the golden rule of fencing never to erect all the posts without the panels in? if slotted posts are used?
Not really. If you want to work in the wind for example, or delivery on panels has been screwed up you can put the posts in they just have to be spot on.

Forestboy1978

Here's an example of a fence that was done that way as the panels were the wrong size on delivery so we had to get on with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh....ia?dl=0

seanandruby
Site Admin

I use 2 lengths of batten with noggins at the right distance for spacing, sometimes had to be done as Forest says.
sean

dig dug dan

lutonlagerlout wrote:I would rather use a 300mm concrete gravel board and back it up with haunched concrete
Correct. Its a pain slotting them in afterwards, especially more so kn your own, however inhave designed a tool for doing it with ease :)
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

Forestboy1978

seanandruby wrote:... Maybe the client wants it.
Precisely, it's what the client specifically requested. But yeah it would be a damn sight stronger than concrete gravel boards which are weak as piss and not really designed for terracing land at all.

I would have gone for what Tony recommended myself but they wanted what they wanted.

digerjones

dig dug dan wrote:

Correct. Its a pain slotting them in afterwards, especially more so kn your own, however inhave designed a tool for doing it with ease :)
Tell us more dan
dylan