Driveway require clarification - Driveway, planning etc...

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
DebbieChandler

I want to create a Drive on a property which has an incline, the front gardens highest point is at the pavement and slopes towards the property therefore the property is sitting lower than the pavement.

The Gradient is around 20% ish.

The garden measures 25feet x 30feet.

Here are the images:

https://s31.postimg.org/fw1ah1xbf/IMG_20160714_WA0003.jpg

https://s31.postimg.org/pf37s6a2j/IMG_20160714_WA0004.jpg

https://s31.postimg.org/4mqrpdrqz/20160713_205628.jpg

I need some advice on how to build it, for it not to block the light in the bay window and not be that high wall, I understand there will be levelling required of the garden but how much shall it be levelled or will there still be a slope? Will this definatley be the best option and will light defo not be blocked into my living room and neighbours living room?

We are thinking to go down on the 7th or 8th Step building retaining Double wall on the sides (will be smaller) and centre (main retaining wall). What do you guys think of this idea will it look ok or not? does anyone have any pictures they can share of similar work carried previously.

Drainage wise thinking either a soak-away or drain in the ground going to a permeable surface i.e. the remaining grass or feed to a local drain.
What do you guys think is the best way to drain it without getting planning permission involved.

Whilst we will be adding more soil to the property and getting it more or less level to the pavement, will the adding of this require consent from planning permission from local council and building control? or not as it will not exceed the pavement, however will be higher than the neighbours but others on the street have theres done which is higher than the neighbours.

Can anyone share some legislation to that effect about levelling my type of garden.

Will i require planning permission for the Wall or what is the maximum we can build it before contacting Planning.

How high do you think the wall should be?

What material would be best on the floor Tarmac or block paving as it will be slippery in winter conditions.

or Tarmac and apply that Rodneck non slip material.

And doesn't tarmac last 10years or will i need to keep getting it re-done?

Thanks All in advance for comments and input.
FRESH OUT THE BANDO

Tony McC
Site Admin

You need either a professional contractor to advise on site or a consultant to guide you through the options.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

DebbieChandler

Cant there be given any advice on here?
FRESH OUT THE BANDO