Apprentice bricklayer wanted

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

to work In Luton and the surrounding environs
non smoker,no phones
must be prepared to work hard in a small team
motivated and keen to learn
pay in line with CITB to start
then performance led
apply here via PM if interested

cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

sy76uk

Shame your so far away Tony. I know a lad that would be perfect but leicester to Luton ' s a bit to far for a 17 year old.

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

it is sy,seems lads round here dont want the start
LLL

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

sy76uk

Have you tried calling the colleges that do the NVQ's?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

that will be the next step or the CITB,last time I had an apprentice the CITB sent out a stream of lads of what I could only describe as the zombieapocalypse
LLL :)

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

rxbren

Good young lads are hard to find to be honest anyone good is hard to find.
I've got a young lad at the moment but looks like he has to go cant leave him to do anything or constantly have to tell him the same things over and over. The latest thing that has annoyed me is the three attempts to cut down 3 pipes so a recessed lid could be fitted and that's not including how long it took him to bust out the tiny amount of concrete that the old lid was on

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

when I started I was useless ,we all were
but look, learn, and listen,walk fast,work fast ,eat fast at tea time
when big sites were like this we still had a great laugh

now i see lads hoodies up,dragging their feet around, staring at their mobile phone

having said that our plumber has a great apprentice bradley
but he is 1/1000
LLL

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

sy76uk

As soon as my apprentice has finished his NVQ level 3 in brickwork I'm gonna tell him to look for a bricklaying job.
By that time he would have had 3 years with me and will be a proficient paver.
It would be selfish of me to try and keep him and it would be a shame for him to do all those years at collage and do nothing with them.
It would also be a shame if he went on to big site work as I think he might get comfortable and just carry on with it the rest of his life like I did.
He needs to work for a good small business so he can learn the ropes of what it's like to do it yourself.
This is all about 18 months down the line but if any builders on here are interested in taking him on then let me know.
I don't think travelling an hour each way would be a problem for him by that time.
I can't sing the lads praises enough. Whoever ends up with him will be the same.

lemoncurd1702

sy76uk wrote:As soon as my apprentice has finished his NVQ level 3 in brickwork I'm gonna tell him to look for a bricklaying job.
By that time he would have had 3 years with me and will be a proficient paver.
It would be selfish of me to try and keep him and it would be a shame for him to do all those years at collage and do nothing with them.
It would also be a shame if he went on to big site work as I think he might get comfortable and just carry on with it the rest of his life like I did.
He needs to work for a good small business so he can learn the ropes of what it's like to do it yourself.
This is all about 18 months down the line but if any builders on here are interested in taking him on then let me know.
I don't think travelling an hour each way would be a problem for him by that time.
I can't sing the lads praises enough. Whoever ends up with him will be the same.
I think you'd be mad to let him go if he's that good.
Pay him a bit more and ease the pressure off yourself.

You'll be lucky to find another apprentice like that.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

sy76uk

I'm no good at laying bricks Mark.
When ever I've got a bricky in I'll put the lad with him so he gets a bit of practice but it's not often enough and it's only garden walling.
If he carrys on working for me i'd just be holding the lad back.
If he applies himself the sky's the limit for this kid.
I'll always be there if he needs me.

lemoncurd1702

Ask him, maybe he'd rather stay with you.
You're obviously a decent boss or he wouldn't be giving his utmost.

Dunno still think you're mad after investing all that time in him :p
Cheers
Lemoncurd

sy76uk

I earn off of both my lads every day Mark.
Yes, if I offered him a van, kit and work on a price he'd happily stay but I don't want that for the lad.
I've never had a problem getting good reliable labour and I can call on my Dad and younger brother that are both as good at paving as I am when experience and skill is needed.
I'll never hold anyone back in life.
I'm hoping by the time my lad hits 30 he'll be buying plots and building his own houses.
So the offer still stands, any good bricks interested just let me know.
I hope you find a good apprentice Tony :)

lemoncurd1702

sy76uk wrote:I've never had a problem getting good reliable labour.

I'm up your way next week for my sis in laws birthday and I'm going to collect a few barrels of the Rutland water that feeds your boys. I'll try it on the half arsed lazy gits down here.

Reliable labour. I've yet to put those two words together without laughing :D

To be fair the guy who's with me now is good, but many a tosser has gone before him.
Just in case your reading this steve :D
Cheers
Lemoncurd

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

reliable labour

hahaha

I cant count on the fingers of 1 hand the men I have met who fall into this category

had some good ones ,but with unusual or complicated lives

reason I want someone young is to try and alleviate the alcohol,fags,drugs,children,ex-wives,bad backs you name it

its getting towards the point were I am going to ban smoking altogether,its 2016 and it looks unprofessional

we did have a great team about 8 years ago but the problem was they were good enough to start up on their own,and they have done that
LLL

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

lemoncurd1702

Could do with some extra help, apprentice would be ideal but as we all no the training providers for landscape/paving are non existent.

Somebody experienced would be good but I don't know where to advertise. The job centre doesn't seem to cater for this anymore and besides in the past I've had every man and his dog applying just so they can claim their dole.
Cheers
Lemoncurd