Ok so my workshop base isnt reinforced in any way

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
lemoncurd1702

Forestboy1978 wrote:The only thing that pisses me off about steroid users are the ones who maintain they have achieved what they've achieved without roids. Especially the ones on youtube who sell supplements.

The other things equally pisses me off is when some emo little faggot who's never done a days work in his life accuses you of being on steroids cos you've trained hard for several years and look half decent. Both equally annoying.

I hate the steroid look. Those guys who are all shredded up with single digit body fat look ridiculous and inhuman IMO. I've spoken to woman on this subject too and they seem to be of same mind.

The other thing, of course IMO again, is that if you can't run 5 mile at a reasonable pace without keeling over, or can't pull up your own body weight >10 times or press up >40 "proper" pressups then you're sub functional. A lot, not all, of those hulking guys can't walk a flight of stairs without significant suffering. They'd die if you gave them a mattock at 8 am and said that's you for the day. Literally probably die, so what's the point....

I must be sub-functional then :p

Could do the press-ups, maybe just fail the pull-ups, definitely ok with the piss-ups, but a 5 mile run would absolutely slaughter me.

A mile is my limit and pretty much always was, even at school.
Could sprint and long jump though.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

Forestboy1978

lemoncurd1702 wrote:
Forestboy1978 wrote:The only thing that pisses me off about steroid users are the ones who maintain they have achieved what they've achieved without roids. Especially the ones on youtube who sell supplements.

The other things equally pisses me off is when some emo little faggot who's never done a days work in his life accuses you of being on steroids cos you've trained hard for several years and look half decent. Both equally annoying.

I hate the steroid look. Those guys who are all shredded up with single digit body fat look ridiculous and inhuman IMO. I've spoken to woman on this subject too and they seem to be of same mind.

The other thing, of course IMO again, is that if you can't run 5 mile at a reasonable pace without keeling over, or can't pull up your own body weight >10 times or press up >40 "proper" pressups then you're sub functional. A lot, not all, of those hulking guys can't walk a flight of stairs without significant suffering. They'd die if you gave them a mattock at 8 am and said that's you for the day. Literally probably die, so what's the point....

I must be sub-functional then :p

Could do the press-ups, maybe just fail the pull-ups, definitely ok with the piss-ups, but a 5 mile run would absolutely slaughter me.

A mile is my limit and pretty much always was, even at school.
Could sprint and long jump though.
Woops!!

I mean those who train themselves away from all round natural human functional fitness is what I mean. Not those who don't train. You can't be expected to be natural at everything and not need to train for it.

Forestboy1978

For example I've always been able to run 5 miles but I haven't always been able to bench 100kgs.

That said, no matter how much I run or how good I get at it, it is always a killer for the first 2 miles. Always. I only get into my stride about 15 mins into the run. It's pure hell until then. I suspect that's the reason a lot of people think they can't run more.

seanandruby
Site Admin

Running is ok if cross country etc: I find just jogging along the road intensley boring and i'm sure that is the reason many fail. You need to breath right when running or else fail.
sean

rxbren

Stepper is one of the best activities rowing is also up there. Alternatively to running on a treadmill a fast paced walk on the highest incline.
The magazines are also full of shit bar the fitness mags alot of the guys in there must use a serious amount of gear, also a guy who used to compete and was in one of the magazines admitted that he didn't do the exercises they printed with him featured in he just turned up did the shoot took the money

Forestboy1978

seanandruby wrote:Running is ok if cross country etc: I find just jogging along the road intensley boring and i'm sure that is the reason many fail. You need to breath right when running or else fail.
Yeah I'm fortunate enough to be able to run in the forest. My dog walks well to heal so it's optional but she and I and my back prefer it. I find a random cadence and softer ground reduces lower back pain.

There's some beast sandy hills there also that change the pace and provide a beautifull view of the forest from up high.

I've run a few times at night also in the winter with a head torch and though I consider myself quite brave the green eyes in the darkness sure get me moving faster I have to admit. Every bush I approach might conceal and axe murderer so I jog and sprint, jog and sprint lol. OK, yeah I'm a big p***y lol

lemoncurd1702

Forestboy1978 wrote:
seanandruby wrote:Running is ok if cross country etc: I find just jogging along the road intensley boring and i'm sure that is the reason many fail. You need to breath right when running or else fail.

Yeah I'm fortunate enough to be able to run in the forest. My dog walks well to heal so it's optional but she and I and my back prefer it. I find a random cadence and softer ground reduces lower back pain.

There's some beast sandy hills there also that change the pace and provide a beautifull view of the forest from up high.

I've run a few times at night also in the winter with a head torch and though I consider myself quite brave the green eyes in the darkness sure get me moving faster I have to admit. Every bush I approach might conceal and axe murderer so I jog and sprint, jog and sprint lol. OK, yeah I'm a big p***y lol

Ah fair play, say it as it is, I get scared walking past a graveyard in daylight.
There's a beast of a dune near me called the big dipper. Great for sand sledging as kids.
I've seen many fitness fanatics puking at the top.
[url=http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserRe ... e_of_Glamo

rgan_South_Wales_Wales.html#photos]Merthyr Mawr[/url]
Click through the images and you'll know which one I mean.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

Andy Meechan

Ok, hope I don't get slaughtered for this!!! I'm more garden worker than groundwork a or paving trade but does anyone do pre-work stretches of excercises? I don't qualify for a bus pass yet but I do think years of bending/crouching has taken it's toll.
Thank - you

Forestboy1978

@Lemoncurd

How funny. That hill in those pics is exactly the same shape as one of mine and the sand is the same too except mine has a sandy track running up it as opposed the the whole side of the hill. A lot of the other images a very similar too accept I don't have a beach. I thought I had it good but you do seem to have it better. Looks beautiful.

I start my run 1/2 mile from that hill and jog up it and then on the way back I sprint up it as fast as my legs allow and then walk the half mile back. I once did some hill sprinting training on it and I swear I nearly died. My mouth tasted like it had blood in it and I went home and literally passed out.

@Anymeechin - No I don't but I should!

DNgroundworks

Andy Meechan wrote:Ok, hope I don't get slaughtered for this!!! I'm more garden worker than groundwork a or paving trade but does anyone do pre-work stretches of excercises? I don't qualify for a bus pass yet but I do think years of bending/crouching has taken it's toll.
I don't stretch, before lifting, i do long deliberate warm up sets of a light weight, and some exercises for the smaller more vulnerable muscles.

I dont do much running, but even when i do i find that stretching makes naff all difference? My theory is that I'm already stretched from working and not sitting at a desk?

seanandruby
Site Admin

Stretching warms up your muscles and leaves you less susceptable to injuries. I stretch before and after exercise, running etc:
sean