How much do you charge disposal?

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
Forestboy1978

Got my disposal rates pretty sorted but every now and then I have to knock down a brick wall or break up concrete and I'm not really sure what to charge.

If I'm nearby I can get rid of concrete and brick if there's no green in it at the docks for a tenner a load (1.5 tons)

I guess I'm asking what can I get away with?

Been asked by a reg customer to get a wall down fast and replace with a fence cos tenants are worrying about their kids and dog for obvious reasons.

Next question is I am thinking of demolitioning it in a way that leaves remaining wall secure of course. Basically the wall that's going is at 90 degree to neighbours wall and is the same wall. Removing it will leave neighbours insecure as there is no pillar at the corner. I was thinking of leaving 1 ft of wall coming off at a right angle to the neighbours wall to keep it secure. I think that would be enough but am not 100%. Would it be wise to secure the concrete fence post that will be bedded in right up to the wall to the remaining wall. Well, I am gonna do that anyway just for peace of mind but what's the best way?

Cheers

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

you dont say how high the wall is FB?
Its engineering advice mate you need as if it goes after you have removed half its on you
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Forestboy1978

sorry yeah just under the height of the post at 6ft. One course deep. Remaining wall running perpendicular of the 1.5 ft of wall that will be remaining to be attached to post is only 8ft in length until it gets to a corner.

I am 100% sure if I can find a way to attach this wall to the post it simply will not be able to collapse and pull the post and the concrete out of the ground without someone literally driving a car into and especially as this part of the wall is sound but I am only 100% sure of this if I can be 100% sure of mounting the post in a way that will never fail. I.e nothing rusts over time and fails or whatnot.

I had ideas of drilling the post and wall and screwing masonry screws up the wall and back filling the slot in the inter post (he's having panels) with concrete but that wont guarantee screws wont rust. In fact might aid in rusting I thought. Don't know. It's nothing major really but to quote Black Adder "we are not at home to Mr cock up"