Wobbly wall

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
sawtooth

Hi after some reassurance please.

We are having an single storey extension done, its out of the ground now and so far a single out skin wall is about 5ft from the DPC level.

I gently moved the wall to see if it would wobble a little. And it does.

Is this normal until it is tied to inner block work or should it be sturdy. Its a section of wall that stops where the door will be so does appear to be floating at the moment.

Would I have done any harm gently checking the wall for movement? It was built in the last few days.

dig dug dan

You should have left well alone. The mortar would not have cured in that time, and you may well now be faced with a weakened wall as a result. If it has to be rebuilt, its going to cost you not the builder.
I nvere ceases to amaze me when you just finish laying some paving, and the customer comes out when you have gone and walks all over it, expecting you to put it right!! :angry:
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

OMG
why do people do this?
why would you check a wall for wobbles by shaking it before its finished?
^^ as dan says its this kind of carry on that sours relationships between clients and builders

when the extension is built you will have a 300mm cavity wall
it wont wobble then

1500mm is a lift height approx
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE