Hepworth inspection chamber connection c. 2002 - 110mm plastic pipe collar needed

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Pilster

I am connecting 110mm drainage pipe from a garden studio to an existing Hepworth inspection chamber (Buidling Notice Submitted). I was cruising until I came to fit the 110mm pipe into one of the spare inlets. I've been led to believe by Jewsons and Travis Perkins that the pipe should just push home. I tried it but the inlet is a larger diameter than the 110mm pipe. There is a rebate in the hole and the 110mm pipe seems to fit nicely on the inside but does not seal on the outside. On the other connection in the phots you can see a collar around the pipe before it enters the inlet obviously creating the seal. I've been all over trying to get this sorted and hoping someone can cast some light on it. They sold me a clay bend and a flexi seal at Jewsons but the clay pipe will not fit in the rebated hole which is clearly designed for 110mm plastic. I've googled until my eyes bled but I cannot find the collar, has anyone experience of Hepworth IC around 2002. I am going to call Hepworth HQ on Monday but I'm desperate to find a solution.

Just looked at the stopper which was in the inlet and this is marked supersleve 887/01. I measured the diameter and it is around 120mm. Surely there must be a collar to go around a 110mm pipe to take it up to the 120mm to create a seal. They just seem to be available anymore.

Existing plastic pipe and spare inlet for new connection:
(note the extra piece of plastic on the end of the exising 110mm pipe. This is what I need.

Inside the chamber, existing plastic pipe fitment

New 110mm plastic pipe and 45 deg bend offered up to inlet.

Steve

Pilster

Pilster wrote:I am connecting 110mm drainage pipe from a garden studio to an existing Hepworth inspection chamber (Buidling Notice Submitted). I was cruising until I came to fit the 110mm pipe into one of the spare inlets. I've been led to believe by Jewsons and Travis Perkins that the pipe should just push home. I tried it but the inlet is a larger diameter than the 110mm pipe. There is a rebate in the hole and the 110mm pipe seems to fit nicely on the inside but does not seal on the outside. On the other connection in the phots you can see a collar around the pipe before it enters the inlet obviously creating the seal. I've been all over trying to get this sorted and hoping someone can cast some light on it. They sold me a clay bend and a flexi seal at Jewsons but the clay pipe will not fit in the rebated hole which is clearly designed for 110mm plastic. I've googled until my eyes bled but I cannot find the collar, has anyone experience of Hepworth IC around 2002. I am going to call Hepworth HQ on Monday but I'm desperate to find a solution.

Just looked at the stopper which was in the inlet and this is marked supersleve 887/01. I measured the diameter and it is around 120mm. Surely there must be a collar to go around a 110mm pipe to take it up to the 120mm to create a seal. They just seem to be available anymore.

Existing plastic pipe and spare inlet for new connection:
(note the extra piece of plastic on the end of the exising 110mm pipe. This is what I need.

Inside the chamber, existing plastic pipe fitment

New 110mm plastic pipe and 45 deg bend offered up to inlet.

I'm answering my own post here but I think I found a solution. Trawling the drainage website I came across Floplast D124, The O/D is around 120mm and when I offered it up to the Hepworth inlet it fits perfectly and creates a nice seal. I need to cut it down to allow the 110mm to pass through the D124 and butt up nicely on the inside of the chamber.

Building inspector is coming back on Tuesday so I'll update.
Steve

digerjones

Sorry I can't help but I do remember these, your correct you need an insert.
dylan