Driveway ic/mh covers - ...could be yours for free!

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Tony McC
Site Admin

One of the manufacturers that uses pavingexpert.com for consultancy work is looking for a project where TWO pressed steel MH or IC covers are required.

These are the rectangular, roughly 450x600mm, galvanised covers sat in a frame that are most commonly seen in bitmac or flagged driveways where the client decides the expense of a recess tray is not warranted. They're rated for up to 7.5 tonnes.

The idea is that we need to photo-document the installation of the two, using slightly different types of cover on each, so that we can do a 'compare and contrast' exercise.

In essence, we give you, completely Fre Of Charge, the covers and frames and then I come along (and possibly a rep from the manufacturer) to photo and possibly video the installation, then get your feedback on anything you liked or disliked about the products, whether one was easier to handle or better to use than the other, that sort of thing.

Ideally, you'd be located somewhere within 60 miles of Warington, but we're quite prepared to consider candidates from further afield if it's the right job.

PM, call, text or email me if you can help.....
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Dave_L
Site Admin

Probably gonna struggle on this one Tone, I wouldn't ever put one of those in a driveway. Flange is far too thin to be witin a bitmac surface for starters. (In my opinion) and the amount of these that I see bent inwards.......
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

^^ with Dave on this,I really dont like to see placcy on any part of a driveway
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

I know that; you know that; most of the professionals in The Brew Cabin know that, ....but *somebody* must be using them or Clark Drain wouldn't be making them!

The only place I can recall seeing these is on new-build houses where everything is done as cheaply as possible....and the first thing to be done once the buyers have settled in and decorated is a new driveway with proper access covers!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

seanandruby
Site Admin

When you consider the osma plassy ic cover only takes 1.5 tonne point load and 4.5 ton off a plinth? Then 7.5 ton loading is morer betterer ???
sean