Linear drainage - navigating a doorway/threshod

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
ginga

Hi all,

As part of a new driveway and pathway project, I am looking to get linear drainage channel installed adjacent to the house wall as, due to the layout of the site and drainage, we are unable to get the paving 150mm below the DPC. I can get 75mm below at the highest point.The length of the run is about 9m and we can get an adequate fall so that the lowest end can cut into a drainage pipe.

The issue is that half way along the wall is the entrance to my house which is a step up of 120mm to the bottom of the sill.
My question is if I am standing facing the door way and linear channel starts on my right at the highest point (75mm below the DPC ) and ends on my left at the lowest point - how does the linear channel navigate the doorstep - Go underneath it? Go round the perimeter? or go through it ( is there some sort of adjustable depth threshold slot drainage that would connect into the "standard" linear drain channel pieces on either side? )

Any advice gratefully received and thanks for your time in reading this.

Ginga
Ginga

seanandruby
Site Admin

Do you mean you won't have the height with the channel? You could either take linear drain under, or just place a pipe through from channel to channel, or stop channel at both ends of step and have two out lets into a branch junction. Are you using the shallow channel. It's a work around but needs must.
sean

ginga

Hi seanandruby,
Thanks very much for the reply. The channel is to prevent any excess surface water, not dealt with by the fall of the paving, from getting near the house brickwork as the paving the paving will not be a million miles away from the DPC ( 60mm at the highest point ).
As channel will follow the same fall as the paving, I was wondering how to get the continuous channel "through" or around the doorstep. You've kindly given me a number of options. Is there a preferred/best practice option from those you have listed?
I was looking at standard channel - was not aware of shallow channel which sounds interesting as I imagine it would mean not getting too near the foundations of the house.
Thanks
Ginga

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

you can get connectors for going around corners Ginge
alternatively you can install straight and move the step forward slightly
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

seanandruby
Site Admin

At 120 ml why do you want to put a step, as a step is minimum 150? If you go under the step make sure you cover that bit to stop your muck clogging drain. Any photo's by the way?
sean