Pipe location (urgent) - Pipe location (urgent)

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
irishpaving

Hello

Ok i am is a bit of a sticky situation... i wont drag the story but basically i am replacing old broken aco channel drain 30m to a concrete yard with dished concrete channels. Unfortunately now i cant find the run off. One of the labourers said he marked it but after the mess from rain, muck etc it's no where to be seen.

So either end of the run we have very shallow channel and it pitches down deeper the further you go to the central point. The tough part here is the ground is on severe soil clay so as soon as you remove excessive water you have about 5-10 mins to dig before it's filled up the trench. The pump will only work once the water is high enough so even with say couple of inches you cant see anything.
The fall of the yard along the channel to aim to the centre but digging down nearly 800mm i am strugling to find a run off which i thought would just be on the edge of the trench. I dont want to go into why only the channel was removed and not excavate a big wide opening thats a lesson i'm getting thought here lol but i need to find this as just getting me badly down in spirit..

Worse is i cant find where it might run off too but there is a storm interceptor and surley its link but i have a feeling it may come off a junction... Anyways i used an old trick where i wrapped wire around a cobra reel and attached a genny and used a scanner to pick up signal but not so good with re-enforced concrete.. Also had a guy come in with the new sonar machines but it rained and didnt get a result...

I have dug 2 meters each side of trench to allow off set but nothing..

I am out of ideas so if anyone has any suggestions or other i would be so grateful as t's driving me crazy at this stage...

Also sorry i haven't been on in a good while so sorry that my first visit back is seeking help

Thanks

Colm
"I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons."

Tony McC
Site Admin

What do you mean by the "run off"?

I originally thought you meant the outlet from the channel, but having read it all again, now I'm not so sure.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

seanandruby
Site Admin

Had this happen once. I put a bung in the manhole end and pumped air up and seen where bubbles came up in area.
sean

Dave_L
Site Admin

That's how I read it, lost the outlet for the channels. Sean's tip is a great one!
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

seanandruby
Site Admin

Are you still looking ??? :laugh:
sean