Free draining material - Most suitable stone.

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Dave5898

Hi all,
I am struggling to find suitable stone, in bulk bags, at a reasonable price to fill the trench of my filter/collector drain project, I only want to do this job once and get it right first time. I live in Wirral, Merseyside and most of the merchants offer me either Limestone or unwashed gravel. Ask them about Type B 10-63 mm clean Agg and you just get "the look".
Offerton sand and grave, has washed recycled pipe bedding in 10 mm and 20-25 mm for £30 per bulk bag. This product is crushed brick and concrete but I am a bit wary of the brick content.
Wickes has 10 mm and 20 mm gravel pea shingle for £40 per bulk bag, no sand just a bit dusty the man said when asked.
Larger 20-40 mm washed river pebles come in at around £70-90 a bag. I would really appreciate any thoughts on which to choose from, I nearly came off the Welsh road the other day while ogling a pile of stone at the roadworks.
Thanks for the great site.
regards
Dave.
Dave Hughes

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

Hi Dave
most places sell what they sell a lot of
this crowd might have something but the price I cannot comment on,I have used them before sucessfully
LLL
mainland aggregates
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Dave5898

Thanks for the swift response, Mainland Aggregates came in at £59.94 per 850kg bag inc Vat and delivery for 20mm washed gravel shingle.
Their 40mm as above is £85.20.
Regards
Dave.
Dave Hughes

Tony McC
Site Admin

Try Chris at Landscape World in Widnes - if anyone can help, it will be him....

Landscape World
Site Agent - Pavingexpert