Threshold drainage - New content on main website

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Tony McC
Site Admin

There was a lot of talk at the recent Brett Installer Awards about the growing use of comedy threshold drainage at the boundary of driveways where they meet the public highway, and the fact that far too many of them connect to sweet eff all.

So, I've updated an existing page to give better coverage of what should and shouldn't be done, and given a couple of cross-section drawings to show some hypothetical idealised installations....

Threshold Drainage
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

seanandruby
Site Admin

Sadly Tony a lot of pipeless threshold drainage goes on. Seen guys put in the channel only. Also under the door. Watched one guy break out the brickwork under the door frame and lay flags straight in under the door frame ???
No quality control nowadays, make it up as they go along.
sean

Tony McC
Site Admin

What worries me is the number of self-proclaimed 'professionals' who don't understand why, f'rinstance, just leaving off the end caps is NOT a satisfactory option.

You'd hope that, at the very least, comon sense would tell them it's a bollix of a job, but it gets done more and more, regardless!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I guess people are all under different pressures , we can only do it right
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE