Drainage - Drainage needed around swimming pool

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Gray646

Ok, so I've been a complete idiot. I've laid some porcelain paving around a swimming pool and on 2 sides have done the fall, going into the swimming pool. Have since found out this is NOT the way it's supposed to be done. However the biggest problem is that the existing coping stones around the pool (that are to remain)- well I didn't realise that they 'lip up' at the nearest edge to the pool. So once they're pointed there will be pooling around the edge whenever there's heavy rain. I know, very stupid of me.... I really want to avoid having to rip up all this paving, it's going to be very time consuming and costly. I don't think implementing an acco drain around the affected edges will work as apart from looking ugly, there are little plastic bits (inlets, access points etc) associated with the pool that are in the way. I was thinking it's a bodge but maybe I could drill some drainage holes? Also it's being pointed with Stonemarket's equivalent of EasyJoint which I'm hoping might be permeable enough to let some water through anyway?? I know these suggestions aren't ideal but I'm a desperate man! Any ideas anyone? Thanks for taking the time to read, any replies are much appreciated.
You need one of those suction hammers.

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

oh dear
never done a pool surround but sounds like you are in the shite
think mick avalon has done a few he could be your man
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

seanandruby
Site Admin

Any photos? Maybe you could cut a channel and drain it to a low point, dob't think drillibg will do much good.
sean

Gray646

Am trying to attach photos but not getting anywhere. Apparently my IT skills are on par with my paving ones....There's a button that says 'Image' but when I press that it asks me for a URL? Jeeeeez....any ideas?
You need one of those suction hammers.

seanandruby
Site Admin

Top of main page is NOTICEBOARD, photoposting details on there.
sean