Dry area arrangment question

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
scitmon

Hi all, I am currently DIYing a path at the front of my house, which falls away from my house into a soakaway I built under my front lawn which is higher that my path:

As you can see I had to leave a gap between the path and the house because it had to be slightly higher than the 150mm below DPC level. I have messed up slightly however with not considering where to direct the water longitudinally. Previously, all there was was some decorative gravel so I presume water just drained naturally into the foundations. Is this still acceptable to do? The only other option I can see is to french drain into the pipe you can see on the right of the picture which is connected to my roof gutters.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!
Scott Richardson

seanandruby
Site Admin

Why the gap if the patio is falling to the aco ???
sean

Donk

that pillar is in a bloody awkward spot as well for getting in and out of the house.

scitmon

seanandruby wrote:Why the gap if the patio is falling to the aco ???
because http://www.pavingexpert.com/dpc01.htm says that the dry area arrangement is the preferred method if your flags are above the DPC - 150mm level.
Scott Richardson

seanandruby
Site Admin

Ok, didn't read post right sorry
But judging from the photo it looks well below damp to me ???
sean

scitmon

The DPC membrane is above the air vent brick pictured. The reason I can get away with it towards the top of the picture is because its sheltered in that area, hence the support pillar.
Scott Richardson

lemoncurd1702

seanandruby wrote:Ok, didn't read post right sorry
But judging from the photo it looks well below damp to me ???
It's probably been done like that because of the services running into the house.
Cheers
Lemoncurd