Inline down pipes leaf catcher

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
malford

Hello.
I hope you can help?
I've recently had my patio replaced and the contractors removed the concrete gully ground hoppers which were all cracked and unsightly but they have just plumbed the down pipes directly into the underground pipes. To the rear of my property I have 19x 100ft Scot Pine trees and every year I have to clean the roof & gutters

Previously I had a grate to intercept leaves and pine needles from entering and blocking the pipes but I no longer have this.

I've been thinking about the Marley Leafslide which is manufactured in New Zealand as this would be a simple fit without the need to disturb my newly laid patio.

http://www.marley.co.nz/product....afslide

I have attached a photo which shows the main house and the two down pipes which go into the ground, I would appreciate any ideas to get around this?

My Photo

(Having difficulty displaying photos)

Donk

that looks very innovative! looks like 65mm pipe so made for cast stuff ? pretty sure the plastic is 68mm round or 65mm square.

seanandruby
Site Admin

Donk wrote:that looks very innovative! looks like 65mm pipe so made for cast stuff ? pretty sure the plastic is 68mm round or 65mm square.
You use an adaptor to fit to different size downpipes.
sean

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I hate to see down spouts go straight into the ground like this as they will get clogged up for sure
A roddable bottle gulley is a far better option but its too late for that
have you considered something that fits into the running outlet
like this?
cheers LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

seanandruby
Site Admin

lutonlagerlout wrote:I hate to see down spouts go straight into the ground like this as they will get clogged up for sure
A roddable bottle gulley is a far better option but its too late for that
have you considered something that fits into the running outlet
like this?
cheers LLL :)
I agree Lutes, just looks like a bodge as well.
Only thing with the gutter guard is having to get up a ladder and clean it. With the amount of trees the op has it would be a full time job.
sean