Connecting drainage channel to yard gully - Need some advice on reducing coupler

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Chris in swindon

Hello
I'm wanting to instal a drainage channel round the side of my kitchen as the path running down the side of the house is prone to pooling when it rains, (ground below is heavy clay so water doesn't soak away). I'm going to re-lay the path so the water runs off into the channel and connect the channel to the yard gully.

However the drainage channels on the market connect to 110mm pipes, my yard gully has filled in connections on either side which I assume I can open up and connect the drainage channel to, however these connections don't seem to be a standard size.

The connection on the gully has 2 rings protruding from the side, the outer diameter is 75mm - see image link (please let me know if the link doesn't work). I'm struggling to find any kind of reducing coupler that I can connect the drainage channel to the gully.

Any advice on how I should connect to the gully would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Chris

digerjones

You need to dig down to the pipe the gully goes into and fit a T junction then a p trap and conect your new accow drain to this
dylan

Chris in swindon

Ok thanks, I'll have to dig down and see how much space there is.
Was wanting to put another channel on the other side of the gully.

Just out of curiosity, what are the connections on the side for?
Chris

digerjones

Not sure what there for.
If putting a channel the other side you could get rid of your hopper and put pea trap in and fetch channel around corner with a corner fitting
dylan

seanandruby
Site Admin

They are for connecting waste pipe via a boss connector 32 40 or 50 ml..
If it is a combi sewer you will need to put in a trapped gullyto stop gases coming up.
sean

Dave_L
Site Admin

To connect a linear channel to that hopper I would carefully cut out a slot at the invert level of the channel into the side of the plastic hopper. Assuming you are only using shallow, standard channels. No need for additional connections etc you are simply utilising an existing trapped gulley.

I find my cordless Makita 5" grinder perfect for this type of work.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

digerjones

Dave_L wrote:To connect a linear channel to that hopper I would carefully cut out a slot at the invert level of the channel into the side of the plastic hopper. Assuming you are only using shallow, standard channels. No need for additional connections etc you are simply utilising an existing trapped gulley.

I find my cordless Makita 5" grinder perfect for this type of work.
There you go, simple
dylan