Leaking drain & undermined footings wtf- help pse

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Tony McC
Site Admin

I was concerened about a comment you made in one of your text messages.

The installer wouldn't haunch the pipes as he believed concrete would damage the plasticware.

That's either a downright lie because he couldn't be arsed haunching them, or he knows buggerall about drainage.

As I mentioned in a reply text, Building Regs Part H require pipework to be haunched with concrete up to at least the level of the base of any foundation where adjacent pipework exposes or compromises any part of that foundation. See Part H cl.2.25 and Diagram 8

Your man backfilled with as-dug clay, which will take quite a while to fully settle and, in the meantimne, your foundations are not fully supported. Further, you want to start placing your sub-base today. A concrete haunch would have allowed you to do that without worrying about settlement. With the clay backfill, you will have to punnel it solid, belting it down over and over and over again to get it as tightly compacted as possible before you place the sub-base material.

It would have been so much easier to use concrete and, for just 4m of pipework, cost less than 50 quid!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

hellboy777

Not great news.

Assuming its OK,I'll try and get some concrete delivered and get the thing back filled ASAP. Removing the pea shingle first. If I can't get ready mix its lucky I've just taken delivery of 3 ton of golden gravel and a ton of sharp sand.

Not bloody happy.

Not happy.
hellboy