Infiltration drain - Infiltration drain by one brick wall

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
burn7739

I have a proposed flag over cement and sub-base patio of approx 11m by 5.5m with 1:60 fall away from the house towards a 18" to 24" high one brick retaining wall.

Please can you advise whether it is possible to use an infiltration drain arrangement similar to that shown on the page referenced below, but in front of the retaining wall / foundation. If so could somebody please describe or preferably sketch the solution? All help would be highly appreciated.

Infiltration Drains
MDB

seanandruby
Site Admin

You can have any arrangement you like infront of the wall
You need to pipe it to a soakaway, catch pit, storm crate, or to a surface water manhole.
sean

Tony McC
Site Admin

I'd actually be wary, mainly because of the need to ensure a drain cut right alogside a wall foundation could cause instability unless you were abso-bloody-lutely certain the backfill was full compacted and no further settlement would occur.

I'd be more inclined to use a linear channel in front of the wall and then outfall them, as Sean says, to a soakaway or SW IC
Site Agent - Pavingexpert