Unadopted road drainage problem

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
MarkT

Hello,

First post here and looking for some advice.

I have a drainage problem on the unadopted access road behind my house.

I am at the lowest point and when it rains a huge deep puddle forms and when full, then floods the garden. It only floods the garden when we have a deluge of rain. However the puddle always remains.

Some pictures:

ImageImage

If any experts could offer some advice on how to sort this problem that would be great :)

KAMIKAZEE DIY

I'm not an expert but the grass area to the side looks lower than the road. I'd be tempted to get a spade out and dig a little trench so puddle can empty into grass area.

Also if the road cambers towards the grass area and you filled the low bits where puddles form with compacted hardcore it could be possible the rainwater would then be directed into the park as there would be no low spots.

Basically if road cambers to grass park and theres nothing to block it shedding water into park it might work.

Hopefully cheap and a DIY job.

Cheers
Cheers

seanandruby
Site Admin

Knee rail fencing is for demarcation purposes so i don't know how it will go down with the local authority by directing the water into a already water logged field. Can't you get all the residents to chip in and get the road repaired and drainage put in? See it so many times and it usually never gets done, one of those things you hope will cure itself ???
sean

Dave_L
Site Admin

Shared roadway, nightmare :(
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page