Cutting down ppc ic sections

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
drj

Is it possible to cut down a PCC IC section if it is enclosed in concrete per this diagram?

A recessed tray is to be installed but the crown is already level with the finished paving level, this would appear to be the easiest method to lower the chamber level prior to reseating the crown and adding a recessed tray. Unless anyone has prior experience that PCC won't cut nicely using a grinder.

Regards

Dave

rxbren

Cut off saw will do the job but you will need to break out some of the concrete around the chamber section then just cut it from the outside

seanandruby
Site Admin

Or from the inside with a small cutter, wash it down with disinfectant first, especially if foul I C. I never concrete around those plassy I C s, i back fill with decent as dug, shingle, or mot. The only concrete you should use is if taking vehicles and then only a 150 thick plinth. The top 150 should be wrapped to stop the concrete filling the fins so keeps the concrete separate from the I C, That will enable the cover to take the load off the chamber.
sean

Dave_L
Site Admin

I always concrete around plastic IC's!
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page