Installing a land drain

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
cabit

Hi Guy's,
I'm have a problem with rain water laying against the side of the house this is due to the garden(clay soil) sitting 2.3 metres above the house.I believe i need to have a land drain installed i would like to upload some photo's of the problem but don't know how to.Has anyone used a drainage contractor in the East sussex/kent or could recommend one
thanks for any advice

IanD

Hi. I have a similar problem in the North West with clay soil I believe and a flooding subfloor void. Are you planning on installing a land drain leading to a storm drain or a soakaway dug in the garden?

From reading on here, if the water table is high during and after rainfall I don't think a land drain will work unless it is connected to a storm drain. A soakaway will not - is that your understanding too?
IanD

seanandruby
Site Admin

Are your walls tanked, or is it posing a damp problem? Go to noticeboard and detais for uploading photos are there. If like me you are thick :p then one of the regulers will do it for you if you send to them. Where about in sussex are you?
sean