flexible joints

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
paulroe

i am diverting a drain and i intend to join the new pvc to the old clay using a flexible connector, the big rubber things with jubilee clips. Do you know if these things are flexible enough to allow a slight change in direction as i divert away from the existing line of the drain?
Also, is it ok to put these connectors in the middle of a run, or should they always be next to an IC?

84-1093879891

"The big rubber things with jubilee clips" are more correctly known as Band-Seal or Flex-seal couplings. Now you know what to ask for when you get to the Trade Counter. :)

They will accommodate a small amount of skew, but not a lot. You might be able to get 5-8 degrees, but anthing more than that is best done with a proper bend unit.

They can be used anywhere within the line of drainage - indeed, their original purpose was to facilitate in-line repairs or to add junctions in the middle of a line. Absolutely no need for them to be adjacent to an IC or MH. :)