crappy AC

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Acrabat

Hello to the group, this is my first post.
Can anyone offer any advice on my Access Chamber. I am planning on installing a new WC and soil pipe but I am not sure my AC is up to the job. I have posted a short description of my problem on my web site at
www.davidlochhead.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
The black uPVC pipe entering the AC is the proposed new soil pipe.

84-1093879891

I'd definitely opt for a new clayware or uPVC access chamber. There have already been alterations and amendments to the existing chamber, so a further bodge is not recommended. Building a brick chamber is over-engineering for such a simple connection, and would cost twice as much as a a pre-formed chamber of some type, if you have to bring in a tradesman especially for the job.

One of the circular polypropylene ICs from Hepworth might be a good choice, as they're easy to adapt to existing clayware, and provide you with up to 5 inlets and one outlet. The base, a single rasing piece and a ductile iron cover costs around 120-150 quid, depending on where you buy.

I'd have a look at that 'dead' tail, too, while the ground was open, and find out whether it really is dead and has been capped, or whether it's blocked, collapsed or some other problem.

Acrabat

Thanks for the reply. Im going to get a plastic AC.