Recessed drain civer

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Gra250

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little more advice. I'm on with my porcelain paving project and everything seems to be going well. Let's hope it stays that way🤞. I now need to set the position if my recessed cover. The question I have is. I can position the cover at the end if a full tile. Do I treat the frame of the cover as the grout line, or do I set it as tile grout line then cover if you know what I mean? Any help would be very gratefully received.

Cheers. Gra.
Gra

Tony McC
Site Admin

I'm not sure I follow completely - are you asking whether to set the frame first, then piece-in and use the outer edge of the frame as one side of the grout line, or whether you should lay the tiles then nudge the frame position a little this way or that to get it to align with the uncut tile?

It makes little difference. I have no problem with access covers being nudged 25-50mm this way or that, or even rotating them, if necessary, at achieve a better alignment with the surface paving.

Does that answer your question?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Gra250

It was the grout line I meant so thanks for the reply. Things seem to be going pretty well at the moment but I have a couple of other questions if you could please help.

First is my patio is raised and sitting on top of a small wall. What size of overhang is suitable with 20mm porcelain?

Also when I get round to grouting and go over the recessed tray. How do I stop the grout from jamming the tray in!

Apologies if these have been asked before. Your help is very much appreciated.
Gra.
Gra