Paving help for bin store - First-time paver diy help please

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Fizzleton

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and came across it during my paving research. I have a piece of land that I would like to create a small paved area, possibly with patio flags if suitable.

I am new to this kind of DIY project and any help/knowledge would be appreciated and gratefully received.

I will attach photos. There is a shed and wood store present already which I will be removing. I would then like to lay some sort of paving that will house a new shed and a wheeley-bin store with a small path to the tarmac drive.

The land is on a slight gradient. My question - is this project doable for a paving novice? Are there any limitations I should be aware of. How would people tackle this project?

I'm thinking excavate topsoil to the required depth and then sub-level so it's level? How would I link the path to the drive if I level it all off, I.e the edge if the patio once lay closest to drive will be a higher level than the drive itself. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for any help/knowledge.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Fairly simple project, if you follow the advice on the main website and take your time.

As it's only for a bin stiore, I'd suggest using salvaged concrete flags, no bigger than 450x450mm, a sthey are easier for a novice to lay. Many FreeCycle sites offer just such flags for nowt if you'll take them away and save the expense of a skip. Folk take up old paving to be replaced with new and need somewhere to offload the old flags....check your local site.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert