5 spot specials on escape to the chateu, - Make do and mend

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
KAMIKAZEE DIY

A programme I've started to warm to recently, my wife had it on tonight. It showed them laying slabs 5 spot special style and saying how they're going to be rock solid for years.

A shame to see as they're a really talented couple that could do so much better.

Be interesting to see if they do a "revisited" programme....
Cheers

Bob_A

I watch the programme on an ad-hoc basis and is one of the few that me and the missus can sit and watch together.
Normally a good watch but the man is getting on a bit surely behind the scenes he gets more help then what we see otherwise the poor bloke would be dangerously knackered!

Tony McC
Site Admin

Apologies for being late to this - had all sorts of health issues with angina during the heatwave and now an arthritic knee that is driving me mad with pain.

Many of these 'Makeover' programs rely on dodgy methodology and so much 'unseen help' it defies belief. I acted as 'technical conmsultant' on a few similar programmes a decade or so ago, but the amount of time-wasting, loitering around, re-takes because a sparrow farted, overly-precious egos, and unrealistic expectations made me re-consider and I do very, very few of them now.

There was even an episode of Rogue Traders where the "expert" was advocating the use of spot bedding....while folded-up double in a cobweb-infested attic on a scorching summer's day!

On a similar subject, there's a Check-A-Trade ad on the telly showing three pillocks cutting either a fence post or some paving - no masks, no duist suppression, no goggles....just big, stupid grions as they prepare themselves for a visit to the oncology departmnent in a couple of decades' time.

And this from a 'vetting' service that claims to recommend only the best!!!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert