Grouting dilemma - Porcelain flags

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Buddy2012

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding grouting,I have poured a concrete slab and I'm ready to lay 600x 600x20mm porcelain tiles. I'm using the thin bed method adhesive described in paving expert. Materials recommended are:
1, outdoor grade polymer-modified cement
2, bond bridge
3, 2 part slurry for the grout
My branch of nicobond is closed so I called Toops, they advised me to use
1, Bal flex fibre plus
2, Bal primer
3, Azpects easy grout

Are 1 and 2 suitable? As for the easy grout, I dont fancy using that and was wondering if anyone can recommend another suitable grout? Also I have 10x10mm square notched trowel but I have seen larger rounded towels that are recommended. Which is best?

Thanks for any insights given

Buddy

Tony McC
Site Admin

Am I being overly cynical in surmising that all three of those recommendations just happen to be products that Topps sell? How convenient!

They're "recommending" products they can flog to you, not necessairly what is best for your project, and while the BAL primer and bedding should eb OK, I would never, ever, ever consider using a 1-part polymeric to joint porcelain paving. Why spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar?

Oddly enough, BAL do a very fine external grade grout for porcelain paving.....maybe the profit mark-up isn't quite as much as that for the polymeric product???

Keraflex or Keracolor from Mapei is, at the moment, my preferred cementitious grout for porcleain paving. Of the resin materials, the 2-part VDW 815 from GftK is the best by quite some way, but can't compete on price with the cement grouts.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Buddy2012

Thanks Tony. Toops tiles were telling me to use easy joint, despite tech sheet saying in giant letters that it cant be used with porcelain. I even called manufacturer, who said it cant be used
Buddy2012