Kendal grey smooth honed sandstone - Grouting gone wrong, help?

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Jeff J

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice and be great if you could help me. I have layed Kandla grey sawn smooth honed sandstone patio in my garden and all was going well until I grouted the patio. I used pointfix jointing compound in the black colour to grout the patio. Unfortunately where I have brushed the grout over the patio and into the gaps it has left bad stain on the slabs and especially bad stain where I first poured the mixture out of the bucket onto the patio. It's almost like the moisture/dye from the mix has soked into the slabs. I have tried a jet wash and hot soapy water but it has not touched it. I was wondering if you know of any cleaning products that might help me remove these stains?

Thank you
Jarred
J howell

Tony McC
Site Admin

Did you *thoroughly* soak the paving before applying the jointing compound?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Jeff J

No because the instructions didn't tell me to. I applied it when the slabs were dry.
J howell

Tony McC
Site Admin

There's the answer then!

Is this definitely PointFix? It's a long while since I read/reviewed their installation guidance, but I don't recall it being declared as suitable for dry application.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

dig dug dan

Tony is spot on. Wet the paving, then wet it some more and if in doubt, wet it again, all the time while brushing it in, use water.
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"