Wet and forget - Limestone patio

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
wario

I have a ten year old Limestone patio at my Dads place that has never been sealed, only jet washed.

When would be a good time to treat it with wet and forget?

Just thinking about shade and potential rain. I know it needs rain to work.

Tony McC
Site Admin

It also needs at least 24 hours *without* any precipitation or dampness when first applied. So, you need a dry surface to start, followed by at least a full day with no inclement weather, accidental wetting or washing down.

Check the forecast - when you know the paving has been dry for a day or more, and there's no rain forecast for a day, preferably two or pmore, then you can apply the W&F.

Once it has penetrated the surface and been given time to embed itself, it relies on rain to wash away any surface dirt it has managed to loosen, but that isn't immediate - it takes a few days before there is anything of consequence to wash away.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

wario

Perfect thanks Tony

Bob_A

I bought 5L W&F so far I've only used 1L and sprayed it on my summerhouse roof. That was weeks ago and we haven't had any proper rain until today. The process has began!:D

wario

Yeah got this done yesterday morning and it started raining yesterday evening so hopefully we can see some improvement to this old patio.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Give it time - take a "before" photie to use for comparison because the improvement is *so* gradual you will not notice....and then, one day, you suddenly realise it's looking so much cleaner than you recall!

It.....takes......time!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

wario

cheers. Looking forward to see how this goes over the coming weeks/months.

https://photos.google.com/share....WdXNDZB

https://photos.google.com/share....WdXNDZB