Laying porcelain tiles on a levelling system

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
loudog

Hi, I'm not claiming to know lots about laying porcelain tiles but need to run this past you guys. I've laid lots and lots of patios over the years to many I've forgotten. Now I'm laying porcelain tiles outside patio tiles are only 8mm thick. I said to my supplier that they are bowed to which he said you need this. It's was the tile levelling system. I used this but the size of the patio means and can't be completed in one day so my question is this. How does the next days laying level up with tiles laid the previous day as they are firmly set. Cheers

Tony McC
Site Admin

Which particular tile levelling system ar you looking at?

Bowed "porcelain" (it's quite probably not a true porcelain - see Porcelain or Ceramic?) is becoming more and more of a problem as chepaer and cheaper sub-standard product is being shipped in. Be wary of anyone selling "porcelain" that needs to be laid quarter-bond - they put out that advice because half bond emphasises the god-awful bowing that comes free with all their cra....errr.....products.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert