Mint sawn and honed indian sandstone purple stains

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Sarahireland

Hey guys, I really hope someone can help. We’ve scoured the internet and I can’t find anything on this problem anywhere. Our slabs are mint sawn and honed Indian sandstone, we were told to wait a few weeks before sealing and in that time became very stained and diss coloured. So we brought stone tex rust off and followed instructions on how to apply (wishing we followed the patch test bit) we applied the product and straight away slabs turned purple we rinsed with water and waited for them to dry and they look awful. I really hope they aren’t ruined, please can someone tell me what’s happened.. I don’t know how to upload photos sorry.. Thankyou
Sarah Ireland

Sarahireland

Think it may be acid damage is there any products that can help this?
Sarah Ireland

Tony McC
Site Admin

Mint is a notoriously temperamental stone, upset by even the slightest exposure to srtress....and that can include some so-called cleaning products.

You can send photoes to me and I'll upload them - without seeing what you are dealing with, it's practically impossible to offer any suggestions.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert