where to get plasticer

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
saihuj

I read in this site somewhere, that 'The use of a plasticiser for pointing mortars cannot be recommended too highly - it makes the job 10 times easier. ' Where do I get this from and what is it called?

Many thanks in advance!

Harry

84-1093879891

It's called.... are you ready for this....Plasticiser! ;)

It's a basic product within the construction industry and is sold by every Builder's Merchant I've ever known. If you ask for plasticiser, they'll sort you out. :)

There's dozens of brands, such as FebMix, PlaMix; it comes in powder form and in liquid form, but the liquid is best for diy use. You can buy 5 litres, which is enough to last the average diy'er about 5 years, for around 3 quid. Follow the dosing instructions on the container, but it's roughly two capfuls of Plasticiser to a 10 litre bucket of water.

If you're using a cement dye, some of those contain a powder-form plasticiser, so check before spending more money. Also, if you only have a little mortar work to do, a small squirt of wash-up liquid works almost as well - just add enough to give a light froth on the water - don't be tempted to overdo it!