Sett driveway re-jointing - Best product

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
mickavalon

I have a 65m2 driveway to re-joint for an old client. The drive is constructed in 120x160mm granite setts(average dimensions) and currently the joints are filled with small angular chippings but it's failed over time and the client's fed up with dealing with the weeds and loose stones everywhere. The setts themselves are all reasonably solid apart from a small area where a water company have lifted a few.
We have nowhere to wash off to, so my normal jointing product, Flowpoint is out of the question, so any ideas as to what I could use?
I've looked at GFTK, but the volume of materials, approx 40 25 kg tubs, means prices near the £3.5k mark, compared to probably £6/700 flowpoint.
Gi it sum ommer

Tony McC
Site Admin

If the budget is tight, then a cement mortar applied as a slurry and washed off with a belt cleaner is the way to go. Don't forget to factor-in the cost of hiring-in the cleaner, and the cost of belts, and allow plenty of time for cleaning. The success with cement mortars used in this way can very much depend on how thorough is the cleaning. There's no point in saving, say, a couple of grand if the paving ends up ruined with cement mortar stains!

Also, make sure the client understands they will have to keep off the freshly-jointed area for at least a week (28 days, if you're sticking rigorously to the guidance!)
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

mickavalon

Cheers Tony
We've gone for Flowpoint, we've refined our technique and we can minimise the wash off by keeping the surface misted and keeping the slurry moving with the squeegees. We'll open a couple of small slurry pits at each entrance and fit the setts back in afterwards.
Gi it sum ommer