Cast stone paving

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
lesley2

Hi,

I have cast stone paving at my front door (from Haddonstone many years ago) which has gone black. I will be getting it cleaned with a DOFF system, but wanted some advice about what I should seal it with afterwards? As it is a few years old it is quite porous, and I want to stop it going black again so quickly!

As you can see from the photo, I also need to repoint the slabs. Whilst Haddonstone etc sell a pointing mix consisting of crushed stone that is mixed with white cement, I don't find that this lasts very well. Please could I get some advice on other options?

Many thanks in advance,

Lesley

Tony McC
Site Admin

While their architectural castings are wonderful, their paving products....well, let's just say they leave something to be desired!

Sealants are a nightmare subject - you can read much more about them here. I would be far more tempted to consider regular treatment with a good quality biocide for paving, such as Wet & Forget. These keep the paving clean-ish with none of the issues associated with sealants.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert