Patching up jointing

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
xssc32x

Hi,
Looking for some advice regarding a recently laid patio. It has been laid using Digby stone natural sand stone and using Geo-Fix All Weather – Slate Grey for the jointing compound. However, I gave the slabs a proper clean using standard garden hose and noticed that some of the jointing compound has come away exposing the concrete which the slabs were laid on. I think this was due to the depth of the joint of these areas. My question is do I need to reinvest in another tub (14kgs) of the Geo-Fix All Weather at around £30, of which I will probably have to get rid of 97% of it or is there an alternative I could use to ‘patch up’ the areas without it looking shabby?
First time so any advice appreciated.

Kind Regards
Simon

Tony McC
Site Admin

Really??? GeoFix failed - who'd have thunk it! :p

Any brief perusal of the hundreds of threads on this vexatious subject within the Brew Cabin would have led you to the inescapable conclusion that Geo Fix is utter shite. It simply doesn't bond to anything other than itself, and it only just manages that! Then it turns green or black, and falls out of the joint if a baby wren lands on it or a slug crawls across it.

It will need to be replaced with a quality product, preferably a 2-part resin mortar - you can find suggestions on the main website.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

xssc32x

Ouch that is painful reading..thanks for getting back. In the interim I may purchase the Azpects easy joint in basalt as the colour seems to match the slate grey and can reuse as I think I will probably need too until fully replaced ?

Tony McC
Site Admin

That's one of the better 1-parts, but still not a patch on a decent 2-part mortar. The only advanatage, as you say, is that you don't have to use it all in one go and can keep a supply in a bucket to use as and when required, which simply isn't possible with the 2-parts.

xssc32x

Thanks for getting back, what are your thoughts on colour match?

Tony McC
Site Admin

Colour match? Between what?

xssc32x

Is there a huge difference in colour between the geo fix slate grey and the AzpectvEasy Joint Stone Grey? Or is there a better product that would be an identical colour match to the Geo Fix?

Tony McC
Site Admin

They are all slightly different.

I'm very, very tempted to say that fag ash is not only a colour match, but is a better jointing medium than GeoFix! :p