Tufftop v 2 part compound for Driveway/patio

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
n3il101

Tufftop v 2 part compound for Driveway/patio

I have laid 80 square metres of Riven Kandla Grey Sandstone paving with approx 35 square metres of it being driveway (I followed all the laying advice on the website for using on a driveway) average joint width approx 15mm.
I can't make a decision on what is best to use for the jointing.
Am I stupid to consider as a (competent) DIYer using the Tufftop?
Seems like it would be considerably cheaper (even factoring in purchase of squeedgee and washboy) to use Tufftop compared to a 2 part resin compound.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Re: Tufftop v 2 part compound for Driveway/patio

The TuffTop is an ideal product, but you have to be thorough with the cleaning, and for an area of 35m² or so, I'd *strongly* recommend using a belt cleaner, so factor in that cost to your calculations.

The quality 2-part resin slurries are also good, but pricier. However, they are much simpler to clean off, requiring little more than a brush and a hosepipe.

At 15mm width joints, this paving is going to devour jointing medium, so you'll need to think about the quantities and costs involved. generally speaking, the wider the joint, the less attractive is the resin option as coverage drops dramatically. I would hazard a guess at maybe 6-8m² per 25kg tub, and at, say 80 quid per tub (excl. VAT) does a tenner a square metre seem reasonable?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

n3il101

Re: Tufftop v 2 part compound for Driveway/patio

Thanks for the advice.

I ended up using Flowpoint Smooth Rapid Setting Grout.... really pleased with the result and got my technique sorted so didn't take too long even though working on my own!