Grafter or vivaro?

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

thinking of getting a second hand vehicle
2 of the above (1 each ) has become available
what does the brew cabin think?
I hear that diesels are gonna be cheap as chips in that London in short order due to new emission zones,so wont be going there anymore :-)
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Highworth paving

I bought a new Grafter in 2009. Great little tipper but the ride is horrendously bumpy. I actually used to drive the long way to jobs to avoid smaller bumpy roads. The main problem for me was the diesel particulate filter thing. Every 200miles a green light would come on indicating the automatic dpf was activated. This would then increase revs and burn more fuel for about half hour. The problem was it got to the stage where I had to keep doing manual regenerations, and then it’s also oil and filter change. I don’t know if it’s a common problem with them as there not many people with them round here. I got rid nearly 3 years ago now and got a 7.5 Tonne Iveco. Good luck
Craig

dig dug dan

Lots of short journeys clog the dpf, hence why you needed a regeneration.
Last cabstar had that, but it never clogged once, but i do 15k a year so it always got hot enough to burn the clogs away!
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

jwill

A lot depends on the individual vehicles if it's between these specific two. Which ones in better nick

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I looked at the grafter and although ridiculously low genuine mileage,the chassis seems very similar to the previous cabstar that rotted from under me,also the sitting over the wheels thing,in general I am more of a builder than a paver nowdays and need stuff to be kept dry,also in reality if you keep on top of ordering you dont need to pick much up,just the odd occasion, the Vivaro meanwhile has 178k on the clock :O
thats a lot of miles for a 9 year old van,the guy assures me the engine is a replacement and has only done 30k
so we shall see
cheers fellas
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

rab1

The Vivaro is a decent van, been driving one for 6 weeks now.
God loves a tryer

Dave_L
Site Admin

Not sure I'd be too eager to buy a 178k Vivaro.......
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page