Best all round hand tool manufacturer

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
KAMIKAZEE DIY

So, it seems conclusive,

Best trowels MT
Best levels stabila
Best hammers estwing.

Is there an outright best all round handtool manufacturer that stands up to regular trade use?

Purely Research question, increasing my DIY tool collection!
Cheers

rab1

For power/cordless tools Hilti are great with an amazing warranty and for chop saws etc Makita are the best.
God loves a tryer

Tony McC
Site Admin

I'm not sure there is a single manufacturer that provides all of the tools that would be needed by your average groundworker/pavior. MarshallTown don't really do chisels; Stabila bon't do spdes; Estwing don't do wheelbarrows, etc.

You come to recognise "horses for courses". Certain manufacturers excel at certain tools, and you learn to shop around to find what suits you best.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

matt_north

Hi

As a Plant and Tool Hire owner with 20+years experience we hope we've worked out what brands are good for what tools and to be honest Tony is correct you get to know which manufacturer is good at what. For instance if you wanted a belt sander you'd buy Makita or if you wanted an angle grinder it would be Bosch (more for cost/quality ratio in this case rather than outstanding tool).

When it comes to hand tools the same applies but as a fairly heavy duty DIY man i have no complaints about the own brand hand tools at Wickes. I'm sure there are quite a few exception but the one i can think of is Screwdrivers!!! Go for the best cos there's nothing more annoying than poor screwdrivers - The best are Wera!

I'm really going to set the cat among the pigeons with this but for Spanners the Silverline/Toolstream ones are brilliant (sorry but they are).